Not too much to say happened, but some of the major things I can point out:
- I’m not a translator: Try as I might, it was just something that I ended up putting too much of my time into and finding little in return. The thoughts that people would also read some of my original works as well didn’t come through. Add to that my speed was no where near as fast as people would like and it all comes out to that my time was best spent elsewhere. Ah well, was interesting to try.
- Server crash: As much fun as it is to maintain your own blog and server, it isn’t fun when you have hardware that likes to conk out on you and then you end up being offline for a while. Finally decided on giving up the ghost on maintain my own servers and went back to a NAS. At least the good thing is that the one I selected can run WordPress so I don’t have to worry about finding a host and what not, but still multi-month outage = Not fun.
- Work Changes: Several changes happened at my job and not all for the better. Not going to go into it here but if you know me you know to what I refer to.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification: One of the bigger changes (and alluding to what is mentioned in the pic) that happened most recently. Decided to try and improve myself, but now I have to do something I haven’t done in years: Study and Taking a Test. Ugh, thought I left that behind after I finished my Master’s, but this will definitely help with my career. Hope to have it done before the end of the year, but we’ll see.
- Writing Re-Start: One of the good things to come out recently. I found a new task manager, Habitica, which has helped me to pursue my goals more seriously (as well as incentivize completing them) and I actually find myself writing a lot more than I had previously. Surprising to say the least.
So, those were some of the things that happened this year. Hoping the next year will definitely move things forward. I’ve also made a goal to post some more on this blog so you’ll be hearing more from me in the coming weeks.
Anyways, time to get back to writing (and studying).